Traffic Noise Mapping for Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Municipality, Ayutthaya Province
The aims of this study were to measure traffic noise level and show spatial data of traffic noise using Geographic Information System (GIS) in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Municipality, Ayutthaya Province. The road traffic noise levels were measured in 15 sampling points including 7 residential areas and 8 sensitive areas. In addition, traffic noise mapping was created using IDW method. The results of this study found that traffic noise level (Leq, 24hr.) in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Municipality were in the range of 64.4 - 75.9 dB(A). Using GIS to present spatial data can show traffic noise situation in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Municipality. Moreover, the result of this study indicated that traffic noise levels in most of sensitive areas are higher than ambient noise standards of Thailand which setting at 70 dB(A). Therefore, mitigation measures to reduce traffic noise level at those areas should be considered to protect human health in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Municipality.
from: https://www.pcd.go.th/info_serv/pol2_stat2557.html. Thai.
2. Phan HYT, Yano T, Phan HAT, Nishimura T, Sato T, Hashimoto Y. Community responses to road traffic noise
in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Applied Acoustics. 2010; 71: 107-14.
3. Wawa EA, Mulaku GC. Noise Pollution Mapping Using GIS in Nairobi, Kenya. Journal of Geographic
Information System. 2015; 7: 486-93.
4. Tandel BN, Tiwari K. A GIS based approach for mapping of urban road traffic noise [Internet]. [cited 2016 11
Nov]. Available from: https://www.civil.iitb.ac.in/tpmdc/TPMDC_2014/PAPERS/254.pdf.
5. National Statistical Office. Summary of Tourism in Thailand : 2009-2015 [Internet]. [cited 2016 26 Jul].
Available from: https://service.nso.go.th/nso/web/statseries/statseries23.html. Thai.
6. Pollution Control Department. Data Archives for Air and Noise Pollution. [Internet]. 2557 [cited 2016 22 Jul].
Available from: https://aqnis.pcd.go.th/noise. Thai.
7. Pollution Control Department. Notification of the National Environmental Board No. 15 (BE 2540). [Internet]. [cited 2017 21 Nov]. Available from: https://infofile.pcd.go.th/law/2_38_air.pdf?CFID=1740921&CFTOKEN=57156318. Thai.
8. Road Traffic Act (No.8) BE 2551. [Internet]. [cited 2017 21 Nov]. Available from: https://www.police6.go.th/police6/pdf/road_traffic_act.pdf. Thai.
9. WHO. Guidelines for Community Noise: Stockholm University and Karolinska Institute; 1995.