Factors Affecting the Preparation of the MICE City Strategy of Khon Kaen
The objective of this research was to study the awareness levels of the city capacity, the readiness levels of MICE city and to find the influencing factors of the readiness of MICE city based on MICE strategy in Khon Kaen province. This study is a survey research. The questionnaire was used as a research instrument to collect the data. The research sample size used in this study was 400 samples, which selected from a population of Khon Kaen municipality using stratified random sampling. The percentage, mean, standard deviation, t-test, one-way ANOVA correlation coefficient and multiple regression analysis were used to analyze the data in this research. The results of this study revealed that the population in Khon Kaen municipality has realized the potential of the city at a high level and Khon Kaen province has prepared based on MICE strategy at a high level as well. The difference of demographic characteristics such as education, occupation, and income affected to the level of the readiness of MICE city based on MICE strategy. The factors in the infrastructure, the support of government agencies and private organizations, the stability and security, the sights and attractions of MICE city, and the MICE industry personnel had an impact on the level of readiness based on MICE strategy at 0.01 significance level.
2. Thailand is the first popular destination of MICE Research. [Internet]. 2018 [updated 2018 May 21; cited 2018 Aug 2]. Available from: https://www.bangkokbiznews.com/news/detail/802450
3. Seri W, Wichayanan P. An Approach for Enhancing Thailand’s Potential to be a MICE Destination City. MANUTSAT PARITAT: Journal of Humanities. 2017; 39(1): 96-112. Thai.
4. Manat C, Naree W, Chayanon P, Watcharee C. The Readiness to be the Business Meetings City or MICE City of Phuket. Final Report. Prince of Songkla University, 2009. Thai.
5. Dudsadee C, Donruetai K. Khon kaen Mice Industry Development Towards Leading Mice City of Thailand: Journal of Service and Tourism. 2016; 10(1): 15-29. Thai.
6. Khon Kaen Population from Registration Record, Percentage Change and Density by District: 2012 - 2016, National Statistical Office. [Internet]. 2018 [updated 2018 May 21; cited 2018 Aug 1]. Available from: https://www.kkmuni.go.th/basic-data/society-data/community.pdf
7. Yamane T, Statistics: An Introductory Analysis. 3rd ed. New York: Harper and Row; 1973. P. 125.
8. Nunnally JC. Psychometric theory. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1978.
9. Robert MO. A Caution Regarding Rules of Thumb for Variance Inflation Factors. Quality & Quantity. 2007; 41: 673-690.
10. Hinkle DE, William W, Stephen GJ. Applied Statistics for the Behavior Sciences. 4th ed. New York: Houghton Mifflin College; 1998. P. 118.
11. Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau, Khonkaen, a Gateway to Indochina and Southern China. MICE Journal. 2013; (3): 4-5. Thai.
12. Theweewan P. Key Success Factors of Meeting, Incentive, Travel, Convention, and Exobition (MICE) Industry in Khonkaen Province. Master’s Thesis, Department of Tourism Management, Faculty of Business Administrator and Accountancy, Khon Kaen University, 2006. Thai.
13. Xin J, Thomas B, Weber K. China’s second-tier cities as exhibition destinations. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 2008; 22(4): 552-568.
14. Cheong SRT. A Comparative Analysis of MICE Destinations between Macau and Singapore. Las Vegas: University of Nevada. 2007.
15. Natthakan R. The Readiness of Ubon Ratchathani to be Developed as a MICE Destination. Master’s Thesis, Department of Tourism Management, Faculty of Management and Information Science, Naresuan University, 2006. Thai.
16. Weerayuth S. Potential and Readiness of Chiang Mai for MICE Business. Journal of Graduate Research. 2017; 8(1): 199-215. Thai.
17. Woraporn H, Chakrit S, Watit I. Guideline for Development of Workforce in MICE Industry Regarding the Context of Education 4.0. Dusit Thani College Journal. 2017; (11) Special Issue: 330-344. Thai.
18. Viroj R. The personnel of the conference center in Bangkok and surrounding areas to support in the MICE industry (MICE). Master’s Thesis, Department of Hotel and Tourism Management, Faculty of Management and Information Science, Naresuan University, 2011. Thai.