Personal Characteristics and Motivation Affecting the Teamwork of Health Promoting Hospital Directors in Udon Thani Province
This cross-sectional descriptive research aimed to study personal characteristics and motivation affecting the teamwork of health promoting hospital directors in Udon Thani Province. The samples were 105 personnel randomly selected by systematic random sampling from the 210 population health promoting hospital directors. The data distribution was performed by descriptive statistics including percentage, mean, standard deviation, median, and minimum, maximum. The Inferential statistics were Pearson Product Moment Correlation and Stepwise Multiple Linear Regressions.The results showed Three motivation factors; advancement, work itself and job status could predict the teamwork of health promoting hospital directors in Udon Thani Province at 71.1 percentage. (R2=0.711, p–value<0.001) From the problems and obstacles, the progress of the professional position of the health promoting hospital directors.
2. Bureau of Policy and Strategy,Office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Health. strategy of ministry of public health.2558. Bangkok: The War Veterans Organization of Thailand Press; 2015. Thai.
3. Regional Health Division Ministry of Public Health. Bangkok: Office of the Permanent Secretary for Public Health. 1999. Thai.
4. Thongthip V. Team management and problem solving, 2nd ed., 2008. Bangkok.
5. Schermerhom R, Hunt G-, Osborn N.Organizational behavior. 8th ed. New York: - John Wiley and Sons. 2003.
6. Nitaya P. Management Techniques for Public Health Organization. Instructional Materials for Organization And Health Resources Unit 1-5, Nonthaburi. Sukhothai Thammathirat University. 2009. Thai.
7. Herzberg F, Mausner B, Snyderman BB. The motivation to work. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Publishers; 1993.
8. Udon Thani provincial public health office. Performance Evaluation health promoting hospital. Udon Thani provincial public health office; 2017. Thai.
9. Cohen J. Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. 2nd ed. New York:Department of psychology New York University; 1988.
10. Jasingha K, Janposri W. The organizational climates affecting the core competency performance of sub-district health promoting hospital director in Khon Kaen Province. Paper present at the National Graduate Research Conference 2014,Buriram, Buriram Rajabhat University 16, 57 -65. 2014. Thai.
11. Likert R. The human organization: Its management and value. New York: McGraw-Hill. 1976.
12. Chantrasuwan S, Buatuan S. Social sciences research methodology. Khon Kaen: Department of sociology and anthropology, Faculty of humanities and social sciences, Khon Kaen University; 2004. Thai.
13. Elifson Kirk W, Others. Fundamentals of Socials Statistics . 2nd ed. New York : McGraw – Hill , Inc.1990.
14. Amnaj T. Modern management. 3ND RD. Nonthaburi : Mother Boss Packaging co. 2010.
15. Paiprayom P, Bouphan B. Sub-District Health Service System Development Performance of the Directors at the Sub-District Health Promoting Hospitals in Nong Khai Province. Journal of Public Health Research Khon Kaen University.10(3), 11-22. 2017. Thai.
16. Chawieng P, Bouphan B. Motivation and Organizational Support that affecting district health system development performance of sub-district health promoting hospital directors in Khon Kaen province. KKU Res J(GS). 2017;17(1):56-68. Thai.
17. Patikanung S, Bouphan B. Risk management of sub-district health promoting hospital directirs at Khon Kaen province.Research and Development Health System Journal. 2014. 8(3).Thai.
18. Sirijun K, Bouphan B. Factors affecting the community health center performance of sub-district wealth promoting hospital director in khon kaen province. Research and Development Health System Journal. 2017. 9(2). Thai.
19. Jatuten W, Janposri W. The Motivation affecting performance of director modern sub-district health promoting hospital in roi-et province. Paper present at the National Graduate Research Conference 2014, Buriram, Buriram Rajabhat University 16, 679-687. 2014. Thai.
20. Puphapun W, Bouphan B. Administrative Performance of the Chief at Primary Care Units, Nakhonratchasima Province. KKU Research Journal. 2011; 16(7): 845-854. Thai.
21. Prommawai N, Bouphan B. Motivation of village health center head toward Health Program Management in Khon Kaen Province. KKU Res J. 2010; 15(7): 559-571. Thai.