The Correlation Between Sense of Coherence and Quality of Life Among Kidney Transplantation Patients
A descriptive study aimed to examine a correlation between sense of coherence and quality of life among kidney transplantation patients. Participants consisted of 194 kidney transplantation patients, in Srinagarind Hospital, faculty of medicine, Khon Kaen University. Study from February to June 2016. The research instruments included personal questionnaires, sense of coherence questionnaires and quality of life questionnaires. Data were analyzed by frequency, percentage, average, standard deviation, and pearson correlation coefficient. Result showed that kidney transplant patients had an average score of sense of coherence and quality of life at a medium level (X = 137.50, S.D.= 20.76) and (X = 18.90, S.D.= 1.85) respectively and this study revealed that sense of coherence was positive related to quality of life at a significant level (r = .694, p-value <.05)
2. Thai organ transplantation. Report of organ transplantation. (3th). 2015. Bangkok. Thai.
3. Alangaden GJ, Thyagarajan R, Gruber SA, Morawsk, K, Garnick J, El-Amm, et al. Infectious complications after kidney transplantation: current epidemiology and associated risk factors. Clinical Transplantation. 2006; 20(4), 401–409.
4. Hall YN, O’Hare AM, Young BA, Boyko EJ, Chertow GM. Neighborhood poverty and kidney transplantation among US Asians and Pacific Islanders with end-stage renal disease. American Journal of Transplantation. 2008; 8(11), 2402–2409.
5. Giessing M. Urinary tract infection in renal transplantation. Arab Journal of Urology. 2012; 10(2), 162–168.
6. Sirisa P. Promote nursing intervention for prevent UTI in aging patients in Roi-et Hospital [Master thesis in Aging Nursing]. Khon Kaen: The graduate School, Khon Kaen University. 2011. Thai.
7. Noohi S, Khaghani-Zadeh M, Javadipour M, Assari S, Najafi M, Ebrahiminia M, et al. Anxiety and depression are correlated with higher morbidity after kidney transplantation. Transplantation Proceedings. 2007; 39(4), 1074–1078.
8. Tsunoda T, Yamashita R, Kojima Y, Takahara,S. Risk factors for depression after kidney transplantation. Transplantation Proceedings. 2010; 42, 1679–1681.
9. Baines LS, Joseph JT, Jindal RM. Prospective randomized study of individual and group psychotherapy versus controls in recipients of renal transplants. Kidney International. 2014; 65(5), 1937–1942.
10. Trzcinska M, Wodarczyk Z. [Internet]. 2011. Psychological aspects of kidney transplantation. Retrieved May 5, 2016, from https://bit.ly/2p12G0R
11. Heebchinda P, Junda T, Sumdaengrit P. Sense of coherence, social support and quality of life among patient with breast cancer post- treatment . Thai Cancer Journal. 2014; 34, 92–103.
12. Abu-Shakra M, Keren A, Livshitz I, Delbar V, Bolotin, A, Sukenik S, et al. Sense of coherence and its impact on quality of life of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2006; 15(1), 32–37.
13. Delgado C. Sense of coherence, spirituality, stress and quality of life in chronic illness. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2007; 39(3), 229–234.
14. Ferrans C, Powers MJ. [Internet]. 1998. Quality of life index. Retrieved May 4, 2017, from https://qli.org.uic.edu/
15. Antonovsky A. Health, stress, and coping. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. 1991.
16. Vilela LDD, Allison PJ. An investigation of the correlates of sense of coherence in a sample of Brazilians with head and neck cancer. Oral Oncology. 2010; 46(5), 360–365.
17. Sangchart B, Thadmala M, Khamying W. Sense of coherence in COPD patients. Journal of Nursing Science & Health. 2514; 37(3), 38–45. Thai.
18. Chulabat P. Relationship between sense of coherence and quality of life in patients with chronic kidney disease receiving hemodialysis [Master Thesis in Adult Nursing]. Nakornprathom: The graduate School, Christian University; 2008. Thai.
19. Gentile S, Beauger D, Speyer E, Jouve E, Dussol B, Jacqueline C, et al. Factors associated with health-related quality of life in renal transplant recipients: results of a national survey in France. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2013; 11(1), 1–12.