Microbial Contamination in Processed Fruits of The Community Products Nongkhai Province
This cross-sectional descriptive study aimed to study the microbial contamination in the processed fruits of community products of Nongkhai province. The 381 samples were 4 processed fruits as describe dried fruits paste, sweet fermented fruits, crispy fried fruits and dried banana, collection data in November 1 to December 31, 2016. Which comprises of examining the contamination of Escherichia coli (E.coli) using the most probable number method, investigating the contamination of Staphylococcus aureus (S.aureus) and fungi using the Bacteriological Analytical Manual. The analysis utilize descriptive statistic analyze frequency and percentage. The study results revealed that contaminated of E.coli < 3 MPN/g. First time, second time, third time in candied fruits, sweet fermented fruits and dried banana all of them as 100.0 %, contaminated of S.aureus > 10 CFU/g. First time, third time in sweet fermented tamarind as 100.0 % and first time, second time, third time in dried taro root as 75.0 %, contaminated of Fungi > 1000 CFU/g. First time, second time, third time in dried banana, dried flat banana and sweet fermented tamarind and first time, third time in jack fruit yam and third time pineapple candied as 100.0 % respectively.
go.th/ main.php?filename=Ministry. Thai.
2. Food and Drug Administration Minister of Public Health. Primary Good Maunfacturing practice
(Primary GMP). Bangkok:Public and Consumer Affairs Advertisement Control Division; 2015. Thai.
3. Nongkhai Provincial Health Office. Annual Report 2015 [Internet]. 2015 [update 2015 Oct 20; cited 2016
May 31]. Available from: https://www.nko.moph.go.th/plan/index.php?plan=w5-yearreport. Thai.
4. Food and Drug Administration Minister of Public Health. Academic papers on the study, analysis and review
of yeast and fungal requirements in food [Internet]. 2011 [update 2011 Jun 1; cited 2016 May 31]. Available from: https://iodinethailand.fda.moph.go.th/kmfood/file/339.pdf. Thai.
5. Matnakhul K, Settheetham D. Microbial Contamination in Process Fruit Sale at Indo-China Market, Nongkhai
Province. KKU Res J (GS). 2016; 16(2): 86-97. Thai.
6. Lengwahasathit A, Hongrak K. Analysis of Problems of Non-Standard Products from Thai community Product
Standards. The King Mongkut's Agricultural Journal. 2007; 29(1): 85-95. Thai.
7. Sharma YP, Sumbali G. Incidence of aflatoxin producing strains and aflatoxin contamination in dry fruit slices of quinces (Cydoniaoblonga Mill.) from the Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir. Mycopathologia.2000; 148(2): 103–107.
8. Food network solution. Food poisoning [Internet]. 2015 [update 2015 Jan 16; cited 2016 May 29]. Available from: https://www.foodnetworksolution.com/wiki/word/000332/food poisoning. Thai.
9. Bureau of Epidemiology Administration Minister of Public Health. 506 Diseases survellance [Internet]. 2015 [update 2015 Sep 11; cited 2017 Aug 13]. Available from: https://www.boe.moph.go.th/boedb/surdata/disease. php?dcontent=old&ds=03. Thai.
10. Association Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC). Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC Internationnal.
17th ed. Gaithersburg: AOAC; 2000.
11. Industrial Standards Institute. Crispy fried fruits and vegetable [Internet]. 2011 [update 2011 Sep 28; cited 2016 May 30]. Available from: https://www.tcps.tisi.go.th/pub/tcps1038_54.pdf. Thai.
12. Industrial Standards Institute. Candied fruits and vegetable [Internet]. 2015 [update 2015 Sep 3; cited 2016
May 30]. Available from: https://www.tcps.tisi.go.th/pub/tcps35_58.pdf. Thai.
13. Industrial Standards Institute. Sweet fermented fruits [Internet]. 2015 [update 2015 Sep 3; cited 2016 May 30]. Available from: https://www.tcps.tisi.go.th/pub/tcps0161_58.pdf. Thai.
14. Industrial Standards Institute. Dried banana [Internet]. 2015 [update 2015 Sep 3; cited 2016 May 30]. Available from: https://tcps.tisi.go.th/pub/tcps0112_58.pdf. Thai.
15. Classification E.coli according to the pathology [Internet]. 2013 [update 2015 Sep 4; cited 2016 May 30]. Available from: https://www. https://noobnim.in.th/pathovars-of-e-coli/ Thai.
16. Siwavech S. Sanitation food factory. NakhonPathom: The National Agricultural Extension and Training Center, Kasetsart University, KamphaengSaen Campus; 1999.Thai.