Main Article Content
Photocatalysts TiO2-powder and TiO2-3DOM (Three-dimensionally ordered macroporous, 3DOM) were prepared by the sol-gel method and calcined at 723 K. The TiO2 and Ce/TiO2 photocatalysts showed only anatase phase without CeO2 and the particle size of the Ce/TiO2-3DOM was smaller than the TiO2-powder. The Poly(methyl methacrylate, PMMA) was the template for TiO2 particle-orientation as investigated by SEM. The stoichiometry of element and the molar percentage of Ce/Ti in the sample were determined by EDS. The photocatalytic degradation of reactive red dye was evaluated by UV-Vis spectroscopy. TiO2-powder-723 showed the highest photocatalytic activity compared to others due to their morphology and particle size.
2. N. T. Dung, N.V. Khoa and J.-M. Herrmann, Photocatlytic Degradation of Reactive Dye RED-3BA in Aqueous TiO2 Suspension under UV-Visible Light, Iner.J. Photoenergy, 2005, 7, 11-15.
3. M. Sala and M.C. Gutierrz-Bouzan, Electrochemical Techniques in Textile Process and Wastewater Treatment, Inter.J.Photoenergy, 2012, 1-12.
4. A.A. Ismail and D.W. Bahnemann, Photochemical splitting of water for hydrogen production by photocatalytic: A Review, Sol. Energ. Mat. Sol. C., 2014, 128, 85-101.
5. W. Wang, M.O. Tade and Z. Shao, Research progress of perovskite materials in Photocatalysis- and Photovoltaics-related energy conversion and environmental treatment, Chem.Soc.Rev., 2015, 44, 5371-5408.
6. S. G. Kumar and L.G. Devi, Review on Modified TiO2 Photocatalysis under UV/Visible Light: Selected Results and Related Mechanisms on Interfacial Charge Carrier Transfer Dynamics, J.Phys.Chem. A, 2011, 115, 13211-13241.
7. W. Chao-hai, T. Xin-hu, L. Jie-rong and T. Shu-ying, Preparation, Characterization and Photocatalytic activities of Boron- and Cerium- doped TiO2,J.Environ. Sci.¸2007, 19, 90-96.
8. M. Tian, H. Wang, D. Sun and W. Peng, Visible Light Driven Nanocrystal anatase TiO2 Doped Ce from Sol-gel Method and its Photoelectrochemical Water Spilling Properties, Int. J. Hydrogen Energ., 2014, 39, 13448-13453.
9. M. Zou, Y. Kong, J. Wang, Q. Wang, Z. Wang, B. Wang and P. Fan, Spectroscopic Analyses on ROS Generation Catalyzed by TiO2, CeO2/TiO2 and Fe2O3/TiO2 under Ultrasonic and Visible-light irradiation Spectrochim. Acta. A., 2013, 101, 82-90.
10. L. Matejova, V. Vales, R. Fajgar, Z. Matej, V. Holy and O. Solcova, Reverse Micelles Directed Synthesis of TiO2-CeO2 Mixed Oxide and Investigation of their Crystal Structure and Morphology, J. Solid State Chem., 2013, 198, 485-495.
11. A. Niltarach, S. Kityakarn, A. Worayingyong, J. T-Thienprasert, W. Klysubun, P. Songsiririttingul, S. Limpijumnong, Structural Characterizations of Sol-gel Synthesized TiO2 and Ce/TiO2 Nanostructure, Physica B., 2012, 407, 2915-2918.
12. S. Kityakarn, A. Worayingyong, A. Suramitr, M.F. Smith, Ce-doped Nanoparticles of TiO2: Rutile-to-Brookite Phase Transition and Evaluation of Ce local-structure Studied with XRD and XANES, Mat.Chem.Phys., 2013, 139, 543-549.
13. S. Otsuka-Yao-Matsuo, T. Omata and M. Yoshimura, Photocatalytic Behavior of Cerium Titanates, CeTiO4 and CeTi2O6 and their Composite Powders with SrTiO3 J. Alloy. Comp., 2004, 376, 262-267.
14. D. Q. Fei, T. Hudaya and A. A. Adesina, Visible-light Activated Titania Perovskite Photocatalysts: Characterisation and Initial Activity Studies, Catal. Comm., 2005, 6, 253-258.