To submit your manuscript to the ASEAN Journal of Scientific and Technological Reports (AJSTR), please follow the guidelines for online submission. First, visit AJSTR register page at Register and follow the step-by-step instructions for creating and uploading your files. Please note that the manuscript source files used for the review process will also be needed for further processing after acceptance.
All correspondence regarding your submission, including notification of the Editor's decision and requests for revision, will take place via email and your author's homepage. This online submission process eliminates the need for a hard-copy paper trail, providing a more streamlined and efficient manuscript submission and review system.
Submission Preparation Checklist
The ASEAN Journal of Scientific and Technological Reports requires authors to follow a submission preparation checklist to ensure their manuscript adheres to the journal's guidelines. Authors must:
1. Read the focus and scope to assess their manuscript is suitability for the journal.
2. Use the Microsoft Word template to prepare their manuscript.
3. Consider publication ethics, research ethics, copyright, authorship, figure formats, data, and reference format.
4. Ensure all authors have approved the manuscript's content.
5. Confirm that the manuscript has not been previously published nor under consideration in another journal.
6. Write the manuscript in clear and concise English, with proper grammar and spelling.
7. Include an abstract of no more than 250 words and up to 5 keywords accurately reflecting the manuscript's content.
8. Organize the manuscript into clear sections, including an introduction, materials and methods, results and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgment, and reference.
9. Include any necessary high-quality figures and tables relevant to the manuscript's content.
10. Provide accurate and complete references following the APA7 style guide.
11. Include any necessary acknowledgments and funding information.
12. Double-check that the submitted files are complete, error-free, and in the correct format.
13. Review the submission preparation checklist to ensure compliance with all requirements before submitting the manuscript for consideration in the ASEAN Journal of Scientific and Technological Reports.
AJSTR journal welcomes only English articles. English manuscripts must be written in "Palatino Linotype" font of 10-point type. The required font type must be used along with AJSTR template. The total length of the research article manuscript, including references, must not exceed 8000 words. The format and length of review papers are more flexible than research articles. Typical reviews are less than 12,000 words, including references. Notably, English articles from corresponding authors do not belong to the native English speaker. In contrast, authors must send a supplemental document confirming that a qualified native English speaker or authorized organization proofread the article. All four types of manuscripts must be composed of five separate files.
1. Cover letter file
2. Main manuscript file (Microsoft Word document)
3. Ethical approval letter (optional)
4. English approval letter (optional)
5. Supplement data (optional)
A cover letter from the corresponding author is required assuring that the article has never been published and is also not under consideration for publication elsewhere. The cover letter should include the following information.
1. A summary of the study
2. A statement confirming that all authors have read and approved the final version of the manuscript before submission to the journal
3. A precise specification of the type of article (for example, research article, review article, short communication, or case report)
4. A request for appropriate reviewers for this research with their names, companies/organizations, and E-mail addresses
Ethical Considerations for Author
1. Originality and Plagiarism: Authors should ensure that their work is original and has not been previously published. Plagiarism in any form, including copying content from other sources without proper citation, is strictly prohibited.
2. Authorship: All individuals who have contributed significantly to the research should be listed as authors. It is important to accurately attribute authorship and provide appropriate acknowledgments for contributions that do not meet the criteria for authorship.
3. Data Integrity: Authors must present accurate and reliable data in their manuscripts. Data manipulation, fabrication, or selective reporting is unacceptable.
4. Conflict of Interest: Authors should disclose any financial or personal relationships that may influence the interpretation of their research findings or create potential conflicts of interest. This includes any funding sources or affiliations that may bias the work.
5. Human and Animal Subjects: If the research involves human or animal subjects, authors must comply with ethical guidelines and obtain necessary approvals from relevant ethical review boards. Participants must obtain informed consent, and their privacy and confidentiality should be protected.
6. Acknowledgment of Sources: Proper acknowledgment of the work of others should be given, including appropriate citations of previous studies and relevant sources. Authors should ensure that they have permission to use copyrighted material and provide proper attribution.
7. Peer Review Process: Authors should respect the peer review process and provide accurate and complete information to reviewers. They should respond to reviewers' comments and suggestions professionally and transparently.
8. Errors and Corrections: If significant errors or inaccuracies are discovered in a published work, authors have an ethical responsibility to promptly inform the journal editor and cooperate in issuing corrections or retractions if necessary.
9. Publication Misconduct: Authors should refrain from engaging in publication misconduct, such as manipulating citations, duplicate publications, or submitting the same work to multiple journals simultaneously.
10. Compliance with Ethical Guidelines: Authors should adhere to relevant ethical guidelines specific to their research field or study design, such as those provided by professional associations or regulatory bodies.
Authors must consider and follow these ethical guidelines to maintain the integrity, credibility, and trustworthiness of their research and scholarly publications.