The AJSTR is committed to upholding the highest standards of ethical conduct in the publication of scientific research. The journal follows the guidelines established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and other relevant organizations to ensure the integrity and validity of the published research. The journal expects all authors, reviewers, and editors to adhere to these ethical standards, including the avoidance of research misconduct, plagiarism, and conflicts of interest. The AJSTR also requires authors to obtain informed consent from human subjects and to protect the confidentiality and privacy of their research subjects.
The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) is a leading organization dedicated to promoting ethical and transparent practices in academic publishing. Some of the key guidelines established by COPE for authors, reviewers, and editors include:
1. Research integrity: All research should be conducted in an ethical and transparent manner, with a focus on scientific rigor and reproducibility. Fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism are unacceptable and can lead to retraction of published articles.
2. Authorship and contributorship: Authors should be appropriately acknowledged for their contributions to the research, and all authors should have participated in the study and have reviewed and approved the final manuscript for publication.
3. Conflicts of interest: Authors, reviewers, and editors should disclose any potential conflicts of interest that could influence the research or its publication, including financial, personal, or institutional affiliations.
4. Peer review: The peer review process should be transparent and fair, with appropriate experts selected to review the manuscript. Reviewers should provide constructive feedback and avoid personal or biased comments.
5. Data and reproducibility: Authors should provide access to the data and methods used in their research to allow for transparency and reproducibility of the findings.
6. Publication ethics: Journals and publishers should establish clear policies and guidelines for ethical conduct, including processes for handling allegations of misconduct or breaches of ethical standards.
Overall, COPE provides a comprehensive set of guidelines for ethical conduct in academic publishing aimed at promoting transparency, fairness, and rigor in the research process.
The ASEAN Journal of Scientific and Technological Reports (AJSTR) adheres to the highest standards of publication ethics and is committed to maintaining integrity and transparency in the publishing process. We expect all authors, reviewers, and editors to adhere to ethical guidelines and conduct themselves professionally. Our publication ethics and publication malpractice statement includes the following principles:
- Authors' Responsibilities:
- Authors must ensure that their submitted work is original and has not been previously published elsewhere.
- Authors should accurately acknowledge the work of others and cite relevant sources.
- Authors are responsible for providing accurate and complete information and ensuring the validity of their research findings.
- Authors should disclose any potential conflicts of interest that may influence their work.
- Reviewers' Responsibilities:
- Reviewers should conduct reviews objectively and provide constructive feedback.
- Reviewers should treat all manuscripts as confidential and not disclose information to unauthorized individuals.
- Reviewers should declare any conflicts of interest that may affect their ability to review a manuscript impartially.
- Editors' Responsibilities:
- Editors should ensure a fair and unbiased peer review process.
- Editors should maintain the confidentiality of manuscripts and only disclose information to those involved in the review process.
- Editors should evaluate manuscripts based on their academic merit, relevance, and originality.
- Editors should handle any potential conflicts of interest or ethical issues that may arise during the publication process.
- Publication Malpractice:
- AJSTR will not tolerate any form of academic misconduct, including plagiarism, data fabrication, and improper authorship attribution.
- In cases of suspected misconduct, AJSTR will investigate the matter thoroughly and take appropriate action, including retracting or correcting published articles.
AJSTR strives to promote transparency and ethical practices in scientific research and publication. We encourage authors, reviewers, and readers to familiarize themselves with our publication ethics and malpractice statement to ensure the highest standards of integrity and scholarly conduct are upheld throughout the publishing process.
Allegations of Research Misconduct
AJSTR is committed to upholding the highest standards of research integrity and ethical publishing practices. We take all allegations of research misconduct, including plagiarism, citation manipulation, and data falsification/fabrication, seriously. Our process for identifying and dealing with such allegations follows the guidelines set forth by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) or equivalent standards.
- AJSTR employs rigorous peer review processes and plagiarism detection software to identify potential cases of research misconduct.
- Editors and reviewers are trained to recognize signs of research misconduct and are encouraged to report any concerns or suspicions.
Dealing with Allegations:
- Upon receiving an allegation of research misconduct, the Editor-in-Chief and the Editorial Board carefully evaluate the evidence and follow COPE's guidelines or equivalent standards to conduct a thorough investigation.
- The accused author(s) will be provided with an opportunity to respond to the allegations and present their case.
- AJSTR maintains confidentiality throughout the investigation process to protect the privacy and reputation of all parties involved.
- If the investigation confirms the presence of research misconduct, appropriate actions will be taken, which may include retraction, correction, or expression of concern, as guided by COPE's guidelines or equivalent standards.
- Allegations found to be unsubstantiated or lacking sufficient evidence will be dismissed, and all parties involved will be notified of the outcome.
AJSTR is committed to promoting research integrity and ensuring the integrity of scientific literature. We work diligently to prevent and address research misconduct, maintaining the trust of our readers, authors, reviewers, and the broader scientific community. We encourage all stakeholders to report any concerns or allegations of research misconduct through our established channels, and we will address them promptly and appropriately in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
Ethical Concern Reporting Section:
At AJSTR, we are committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards in scholarly publishing. We encourage authors, reviewers, and readers to report any ethical concerns or misconduct they may come across. Your feedback plays a crucial role in upholding the integrity of our journal and ensuring responsible publishing practices. Please use our dedicated Ethical Concern Reporting form if you have any ethical concerns or wish to report potential misconduct. This form gathers relevant information regarding the reported concern, ensuring a comprehensive and efficient review process.
To access the Ethical Concern Reporting form, visit our website's "Ethical Concerns" section. You will find a user-friendly interface where you can provide details about the ethical concern, including a description of the issue, relevant manuscript or publication details, and any supporting evidence or documentation. Rest assured, all reports will be treated with the utmost confidentiality, and the information provided will be handled professionally and sensitively. Our dedicated team will thoroughly investigate each reported concern and take appropriate actions as necessary.
I appreciate your commitment to maintaining the ethical standards of scholarly publishing. Together, we can ensure a fair, transparent, and responsible research community. Please note that for any other general inquiries or correspondence, we kindly ask you to use the appropriate contact channels provided on our website.