Main Article Content
The research objectives were 1) to study the current instruction problems, needs, and ICT competency framework for students of the Faculty of Education the institute of physical education Mahasarakham campus, 2) to develop the model to promote ICT competency for students of the faculty of Education, the institute of physical education Mahasarakham campus, 3) to study the result of the experiment on implementing the activity based on the developed model to promote ICT competency for students of the Faculty of Education the institute of physical education Mahasarakham campus, 4) to study the assimilation and application of the students after having been involved in the developed model to promote ICT competency for students of the Faculty of Education the institute of physical education Mahasarakham campus. The target group was, phase one; 12 experts to evaluate the model framework , phase two; 5 experts and 30 year 2 students majoring physical education for the experiment group, phase three; 32 year 2 students, majoring in physical education. Research instruments were the evaluative questionnaire on ICT competency framework, the evaluative questionnaire on model to promote ICT competency, the questionnaire on opinion on ICT competency, the evaluation form on ICT competency manual, and evaluation form on the accept of the model. The descriptive statistics were employed to analyze the collected data meanwhile Meguigans technique was employed to validate the efficiency of the developed model.
The results were as follows.
- According to the results on the current instruction problems, needs, and guideline to promote ICT competency, students could not apply information technology to their learning, most of them were athletes, and studied few courses on information technology, their field of study was Education majoring in physical education which the graduates aimed to be physical education teacher, they had to do practicum at secondary school. The institute of physical education Mahasarakham campus realized that those students should be the teacher under the 21st Century teacher policy which focuses on employing innovation together with information and communication technology in education in order to develop teaching material to be used in practicum and in their teaching profession.
- According to the results on ICT competency framework for students of the faculty of education, the institute of physical education , Mahasarakham campus, there were 4 indicators on knowledge, 5 indicators on program implementation, 3 indicators on searching and 1 indicator on presentation.
- According to the development on the model to promote ICT competency, 6 elements were identified which were 1)policy or principle, 2) ICT competency framework, 3) competency test, 4) the process on competency promotion, 5) online social media, and 6) indicators.
- According to the results of the experiment, the score on the efficiency of activities based on the developed model was more than 1 and was prescribed as high efficiency and could be employed to promote ICT competency effectively. The results of the experiment on knowledge was that the score of post training was higher than the before statistical significance at .05 confidence level. The results of the experiment on practice was that the percentage of 80 was higher than the criterion set whereas the satisfaction of students on training was in much level
- According to the results of model acceptance, students who attended the training accepted the developed model in the much level.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.